CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) INFORMATION
UPDATED 5.18.2020 8:32 a.m.
In accordance with exemptions provided in the stay-at-home mandates issued by the State of Louisiana and the City of New Orleans, NOPB operations are considered essential transportation and logistics services and will continue to operate as normal. Friday, May 15, Louisiana began Phase 1 of reopening. Phase 1 is expected to last a minimum of 21 days before moving into Phase 2. NOPB will not make any changes to staffing or telecommuting at this time and plans to revisit return to work protocol on June 5th.
May 18, 2020 Update
- The railroad remains fluid.
- Employees that can telecommute, continue to work remotely. All are fully outfitted with laptop, cell, and teleconference capabilities.
- The main office at 4822 Tchoupitoulas Street remains temporarily closed for the safety of our employees, their families and the community.
- Sanitation stations are in place around the railroad.
- Employees continue to disinfect workstations at the beginning and end of each shift. This includes locomotives. Sanitizing supplies are provided and are part of every job briefing.
- Signage urging employees to wash hands, keep six feet apart and practice good hygiene are posted at all gathering locations (breakrooms, bathrooms, departments, vending machines)
- Twice daily, a crew is assigned to wipe down all surfaces, including elevator buttons, locks, handrails, and doorknobs.
- 24/7 COVID-19 documentation system in place for impacted employees.
NOPB continues to work with state, local, and federal officials to ensure policies and procedures meet and exceed guidelines. The health and safety of our employees, crews, and community remains our most essential priority.
Stay safe and healthy.