CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) INFORMATION
UPDATED 1.14.20 1:30 p.m.
January 14, 2021 Update
- The railroad remains fluid.
- The main office at 4822 Tchoupitoulas Street continues to remain open.
- Employees have been provided individual masks and hand sanitizer. Social distancing protocol remains in place.
- Routine cleaning and disinfection of all buildings and facilities remain a top priority.
- Sanitation stations are in use around the railroad.
- Employees continue to disinfect workstations at the beginning and end of each shift. This includes locomotives. Sanitizing supplies are provided and are part of every job briefing.
- Signage urging employees to wash hands, keep six feet apart, and practice good hygiene are posted at all gathering locations (breakrooms, bathrooms, departments, vending machines).
- Twice daily, a crew is assigned to wipe down all surfaces, including elevator buttons, locks, handrails, and doorknobs.
- A 24/7 COVID-19 documentation system remains in place for impacted employees.
NOPB continues to work with state, local, and federal officials to ensure policies and procedures meet and exceed guidelines. The health and safety of our employees, crews, and community remain our most essential priority.
Stay safe and healthy.